About the Electrical Safety Awareness for Telecommunications Course
Specific Industry Awareness education for telecommunications workers. Maintaining job safety is more involved for telecom technicians as they must not only be familiar with general construction safety guidelines, but also electrical safety and special rules for approach, in addition to employer guidelines. Principle Safety delivers a course that identifies telecommunication specific safety issues and focuses on electrical awareness and risk mitigation.
Applicable legislation is examined along with industry best practices, general electrical concepts & terminology and power distribution. Specific job hazards for overhead and high voltage as well as working at heights with aerial devices and ladders. The course is delivered by a Red Seal Master Electrician.
Learners are provided an information booklet with course details for reference. Record verification is provided to the employer for training documentation.
- The different types of fires and suppression techniques
- How to safely and effectively use a fire extinguisher; 10lb & 20lb
- Alberta Occupational Health & Safety Fire Extinguisher training regulations
- NFPA Regulations and Code requirements for fire extinguishers
- Applicable Legislation: AB OHS, CLC II, Industry best practice, (EUSR & AECUC) CSA Standard
- Electrical Basics Electrical terminology, definitions, basic electrical theory & concepts Electrical distribution systems, Effects of electricity, induction, controlling electrical hazards, Effects of electricity on the human body, emergency procedures Electrical hazard controls: Procedures & PPE
- High Voltage Step & touch potential, Grounding, Approach limits, Shock and flash hazard analysis, Arc Flash potential Procedure for communication circuits 80-200V Overhead Electrical Considerations
- Overhead electrical & physical elements, Overhead hazards & controls Strands, voltage testing procedures Poles & towers, utility plant identification
- Electricity and Aerial Devices
- Additional Safety Information Hazards and safety controls with fiber optics Ladder safety, fall protection
Course Location and Equipment
- Electrical Safety training can be conducted at a site of your choosing.
Additional Course Information
- $1500 up to 6 participants, then add $175 ea.
- Mileage @ $0.65/km from Edmonton
- Incurred expenses may be billed for additional services
Electrical Safety Awareness Telecom
Please contact for pricing Price:
Duration: 1 Day
Combination of Practical & Theoretical Lesson:
Christl is vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi