About the Fall Protection Training Course
General training must be given before anyone works at a height of over 3 meters (or 10 feet).
- Fall Protection Basics: fall accident statistics, dynamics of falling, governing bodies and regulations
- Fall Protection Systems: guardrails, travel restraint system, personal fall arrest system, safety nets, control zones, procedure based fall protection systems, system selection, fall protection plan
- Travel Restraint and Fall Arrest: system components & terminology, free fall distance, clearance requirements, calculating FFD TFD CR, horizontal lifelines
- Anchor Points: strength requirements, permanent & temporary anchor points, anchorage connectors
- Fall Protection Equipment A: snap hooks and carabiners, lanyards, energy absorbers, self-retracting lanyards (SRLs), vertical lifelines and fall arresters,
- Fall Protection Equipment B: safety belts vs. full body harnesses, harness types, harness fitting
- Situational Solutions: work positioning, descent control devices, aerial lifts, ladders, scaffolds
- Equipment Care: inspection, maintenance, storage
- Rescue: rescue concepts, principles and planning, suspension trauma, working alone
- Practical Application: donning a harness and partner check, harness suspension, fall arrest system selection & set-up
- General training will cover the legislation, recognizing the hazards and how they are assessed and the different methods of preventing a fall or arresting a fall should it occur.
- Includes theory, tools and knowledge of fall protection to safely work at heights.
- The training must be reviewed if there are any changes in the circumstances that may affect the safety of a worker or when provincial regulations require it.
Course Location and Equipment
- Course classrooms in Whitecourt & Edmonton, or at your facility.
- This hands-on course uses environmentally friendly fire extinguishers and a propane powered fire simulation unit to ensure participants receive a realistic extinguisher experience.
- For courses held at Principle Safety: $175.00 per student
- For courses held at your site:
- Instructor’s day rate: $850.00 per day (including travel days, if applicable, up to 10 hours. After 10 hours rate: $72.50/hr)
- Book fee: $44.00 per student
- Shipping: cost (if applicable)
- Airfare, car rental & hotel: cost + 12% (if required)
- Mileage: $0.95 per kilometer
- Subsistence $75.00 per day including travel days
Additional Course Information
- It is recommended that employees take an online refresher awareness course, annually, as part of your emergency response program.
Fall Protection Training Course
Price: Varies, Please see below
Duration: 8 hours
Lesson: Combination of Practical & Theoretical
Christl is vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi