About the Hazardous Energy Isolation Training Course
This course establishes minimum requirements for securing, locking and tagging out energy-isolating devices and for the protection of workers from the unexpected release of hazardous energy during installation, maintenance, service and repair activities involving hazardous energy sources.
Following the CSA Z462 Standard this course is taught by a Master Electrician. Participants leave with knowledge to set up, follow and maintain a successful hazardous energy management program. Students demonstrate hands-on practical lockout techniques to form part of the certification process. Course can be tailored to compliment your current program or be part of a new implementation
- Participants study real scenarios and learn to develop strategies to recognize and describe prevention techniques.
- Developed to the CSA 2460 standard, this course teaches recognizing hazardous energy sources, methods to isolate properly and how to bring locked out equipment back to service.
- The course outline includes a scheduled break and hands on exercises so that participants become familiar with the procedures and devices.
- Prior to certification there will be a final exam to pass at the end of the course.
- Upon successful completion and a passing mark of above 80%, a certificate will be presented
- The importance of locking out machinery and equipment
- Recognizing the dangers of all types of hazardous energy
- Employer and worker responsibilities for safe lockout
- When lockout is required
- Safe Work Practices, Documentation
- Lockout Devices, Isolation
- Roles, Training
- Basic and group lockout procedures
Course Location and Equipment
- Hazardous Energy Isolation training can be conducted at a site of your choosing.
Hazardous Energy Isolation Training Course
Course held on site:
$750 for the first 6 participants, $99 for each additional registrant up to 20.
Additional expenses may be incurred.
Duration: 1/2 Day
Certificates: Yes, 3 year certification
Lesson: Combination of Practical & Theoretical
Click to download pdf.
Christl is vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi