About the Wilderness Awareness Training Course
Being unprepared may be the biggest danger that you face in outdoor survival situations. This four hour course is interactive, practicing the latest techniques in a hands-on matter and will provide information that will assist you to handle most situations that you may encounter in the outdoors.
- Learn to respond to stings and bites
- Making water safe for drinking
- Building emergency shelters in winter and summer months
- What to do in an encounter with wildlife; Bear awareness
- Protect yourself from West Nile Virus and proper removal of a tick
- Preventing hypothermia and frostbite
Course Location and Equipment
- Course classrooms in Whitecourt & Edmonton, or at your facility.
- For courses held at Principle Safety: $125.00 per student
- For courses held at your site:
- Instructor’s day rate: $725.00 per day (including travel days, if applicable, up to 10 hours. After 10 hours rate: $72.50/hr)
- Shipping: cost (if applicable)
- Airfare, car rental & hotel: cost + 12% (if required)
- Mileage: $0.75 per kilometer
- Subsistence: $75.00 per day including travel days
Additional Course Information
- The competencies of this program are tested and measured through 100% participation of the learning objectives.
Wilderness Awareness Training Course
Duration: 4 hours
Combination of Practical & Theoretical Lesson:
Christl is vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi